We are Looking for a Leader in HR and Talent Development
- Category: News
- Published: 24 April 2017
Vice President - HR and Talent Development
If interested, please email a copy of your resume and a quick note about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lippe Taylor is a public relations and digital marketing agency that specializes in marketing to women. We are entirely independent and frequently refer to ourselves as a '25 year old startup’ - a title which is a testament to our dynamic entrepreneurial spirit, agility, and ability to regularly take risks, shift gears and instantly evolve with changes in market conditions and advances in technology. Through the years, we’ve proudly represented powerhouse brands including Botox, P&G, IKEA, Keds, Nestlé, J&J, Wayfair.com, Cetaphil, Revlon and Smartwater.
Lippe Taylor seeks to hire a full time Vice President of HR and Talent with demonstrated passion & expertise for cultivating & maintaining progressive company cultures and recruiting top talent. Tim Cook recently commented that ‘the most important data points are people.” At Lippe Taylor we abide by a similar ‘people first’ business philosophy and believe that Culture is the most powerful element of a company’s DNA. We believe that employees do their best work when they love what they are doing and enjoy working with each other and we work hard to implement these values throughout our entire organization. We are growing and significantly evolving our digital practices and want to focus even more intently on ensuring our Culture remains strong as ever throughout the course of this transition – that’s where you come in.
The Vice President of HR and Talent will oversee employee relations while leading the recruiting/staffing process across all sectors of Lippe Taylor. The ideal candidate will drive the maintenance & development of all initiatives aimed at nurturing & implementing an employee focused Culture that emphasizes quality, trust, innovation, and high performance while recruiting & hiring talented A players to join our team.
This role will report directly to the President of Lippe Taylor.
- Talent recruitment and management
- Recruiting/headhunting top talent
- Employee relations
- Ensuring positive work environment
- Employee counseling
- Preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Ensuring employee engagement; motivation, organizational behavior, effectiveness, etc.
- Addressing day to day concerns/conflicts/interpersonal issues
- Ensuring legal compliance of applicable HR laws & protocols
- Performance management
- Administration of employee performance evaluations
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements
- Planning & coordinating of regular social events to promote camaraderie among staff & encourage work life balance
- Implementation on ongoing management of HR systems
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in HR, business, marketing, or a closely related field preferred (master’s degree a plus)
- Minimum of 5-6 years human resource experience from a marketing related agency or organization
- Demonstrated leadership qualities; self-directed, motivated, accountable, tactful, assertive, empathetic, curious, thoughtful, innovative (yup, all of it!)
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting top level talent and creating talent initiatives from scratch
- Ability to listen & communicate effectively
- Strong networking, reasoning, time management, & interpersonal skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Tech savvy
- Experience with specific software systems from HR and talent management and pipelining (eg Workday, Jobvite,
- Active enthusiasm for Creative Culture
- SHRM certification a plus
- Strong network/rolodex of PR/Digital Marketing professionals a plus
- Educational background and/or training in behavioral/industrial/organizational psychology a plus